On December 1, 2021, the Sports.ru platform, together with the sports marketing agency Fever Pitch, for the first time in the history of the Russian sports industry presented a ranking of companies with activities related to sports.
Read also: How does the gambling market work in Russia?
- The main criterion for inclusion in the ranking was a clear link between the company’s activities and sports – both professional and amateur, and even physical training. As a result, the top 100 included sports clubs, public organizations, media, betting shops, fitness clubs, sporting goods stores and equipment suppliers.
- The criterion for ranking the industry representatives was the amount of revenue based on the results of 2020.
Top 10 most profitable sports companies in Russia (based on 2020 results):
- Sportmaster (sporting goods retailer), revenue of 101,894 million roubles;
- Betting company Fonbet, revenue 52,188 million roubles;
- Betting company Winline, revenue of 47,947 million roubles;
- Adidas Russia (sporting goods retailer), 45,292 million roubles
- Betting company Liga Stavok, 41,822 million roubles;
- Betting company Decathlon, 21,807 million roubles;
- Betting company BetBoom, 19,328 million roubles;
- Betting company Parimatch, 15,426 million roubles;
- Match TV (media), 14,987 million roubles;
- Betting company BETCITY, 14,603 million roubles.
“The summary table showed certain patterns. To begin with, the high places of the bookmakers. There are six of the largest betting companies in the top 10 of the rankings. There is nothing surprising in the fact itself, but we have now documented this state of affairs,” the analysts said.
Other bookmakers also featured in the ranking: 11th place – Olimp, 13th place – 1xStavka, 17th place – BaltBet, 27th place – Marathon, 29th place – Leon BC, 41st place – SportBet, 47th place – MelBet, 78th place – 888.ru.
- Let us remind you that in the autumn of 2021 in Russia the conditions of betting shops have changed: the Unified Gambling Regulator came into force. How do Russian legal bookmakers work under the new conditions?
The top 100 also includes 27 football, basketball, hockey and volleyball clubs. Zenit is in the top spot (12th), with revenues of RUB 11.8bn, followed by SKA (19th), Dynamo (21st), Lokomotiv (22nd) and Spartak (24th).